Elliot Weave








Forest Mill


For centuries the Scottish Borders have produced Tweeds - in fact the name 'Tweed' immediately conjures up a picture of the Border hills and valleys.

The company is based at Forest Mill, Selkirk in the heart of the Borderland, and is of specific historical interest, being classed as one of Scotland's "listed buildings". The original buildings date from 1838, and were part of one of the first mills in the town, built by George Roberts & Co.

It was when Roberts closed in the late 1960’s, and the mill buildings were sold off as separate units, that Andrew Elliot, seeking a manufacturing base for his fledgling company, acquired the old yarn store, to set up, what is still today, the core hub of his company.